Author Topic: Western Maryland Hospital Center  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Lecta

• View Profile
Western Maryland Hospital Center
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »
If anyone has any family in Hagerstown's Western Maryland Hospital Center please keep a close eye on their care! My Great Uncle is on their vent unit and we just found out that his feeding/med tube was out of his stomach for two weeks. Long enough that the hole in his stomach form it closed up! He went almost two weeks with minimal food and no medicines! When he wasn't improving the doctors told us there was nothing more than can do then the tube was discovered by my cousin who saw it draining down his belly! Immediately after this was replaced he began improving! We are in the process to transfer him out of there.

I am asking PLEASE keep a careful eye on the loved ones if in that place. We were in his room almost 4 hrs and did not see any staff come in or near his door until we were walking out of the facility!!

Offline retired/taxed/repub

• View Profile
Re: Western Maryland Hospital Center
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
If anyone has any family in Hagerstown's Western Maryland Hospital Center please keep a close eye on their care! My Great Uncle is on their vent unit and we just found out that his feeding/med tube was out of his stomach for two weeks. Long enough that the hole in his stomach form it closed up! He went almost two weeks with minimal food and no medicines! When he wasn't improving the doctors told us there was nothing more than can do then the tube was discovered by my cousin who saw it draining down his belly! Immediately after this was replaced he began improving! We are in the process to transfer him out of there.

I am asking PLEASE keep a careful eye on the loved ones if in that place. We were in his room almost 4 hrs and did not see any staff come in or near his door until we were walking out of the facility!!
....that might be the case in Cumberland, but not in Hagerstown..and it is NOT Western Md facility in hagerstown.     The One that is connected to the Orthopedic Facility is not western Md.
''We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals.''
Pinocchio..&...nosey relatives are the worst! President Obama care will end!!

Offline butchie79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »
My mother in law was in there they didn't do nothing that's why shes going to Morgantown

Offline Lecta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »

....that might be the case in Cumberland, but not in Hagerstown..and it is NOT Western Md facility in hagerstown.     The One that is connected to the Orthopedic Facility is not western Md.

The facility I am Talking about is in Hagerstown AND is Western Maryland Hospital Center. The website is http://www.wmhc.us/  This is the facilty my Great Uncle is in.. Western Maryland Hospital Center is only the facility with a vent unit in Hagerstown.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:39:27 PM by Isabella »

Offline Lecta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »
My mother in law was in there they didn't do nothing that's why shes going to Morgantown

I heard several other local families say the same things. We are in the process of transferring him out.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »

I heard several other local families say the same things. We are in the process of transferring him out.
....that one missed me...the NEW hospital...Meritus...connected to  the Orthopedic center..is 100% better than that hospital...and never come here..Martinburg is a great hospital..
''We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals.''

Offline Ron Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »

....that one missed me...the NEW hospital...Meritus...connected to  the Orthopedic center..is 100% better than that hospital...and never come here..Martinburg is a great hospital..
Which one in Martinsburg?

Offline Lecta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
I didnt have any problems with Meritus when my Great uncle was there they actually were amazing with him. I have never been treated there. my family tells me how great the staff were. I saw myself how caring they were about 3 days into this ordeal was. He had originally went in to the hospital for toe amputation due to a disease he has. Unfortunately the infection in his toes had spread into his blood prior to seeing the doctor causing even more problems for him.

Offline wynter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 10:08:26 PM »
I haven't thought of this facility for about 30yrs! Bad memory from when my grandmother was there after a head injury. For anyone with loved ones in a hospital, rehab facility, nursing home, assistive living , group home, etc - you are your loved ones eyes & voice. Ask questions, show up unannounced, listen what your loved one is saying, inspect their skin, be very observant of everything in your loved ones environment, how much are they eating, do they have sufficient supplies, how attentive are the staff when the call-light is on , are staff visible, etc. 

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »
I haven't thought of this facility for about 30yrs! Bad memory from when my grandmother was there after a head injury. For anyone with loved ones in a hospital, rehab facility, nursing home, assistive living , group home, etc - you are your loved ones eyes & voice. Ask questions, show up unannounced, listen what your loved one is saying, inspect their skin, be very observant of everything in your loved ones environment, how much are they eating, do they have sufficient supplies, how attentive are the staff when the call-light is on , are staff visible, etc. 
...this is even more true at the Cumberland's Western Md. Hospital....ever time I was there for my Mom, her room was a mess.  Garbage on the floor, water and wash cloths were never put away, always on the window ledge.   She always complained of not getting the right service....slowness.
    I complained of the mess in the room the day she went code blue!     Head nurse said this is normal..I said --"Yeah - right!   This room has been dirty ever day I visited!   Then left and went to Lower floor to watch her die....slowly!       ....... I'll stop here...knowing the stupidity that happened with me and the doctors and why I knew more than they did!!

If and when your loved one goes to a hospital, always show up daily to keep track of what meds they get, I've found several instances of wrong meds!     Wrong doctor to wrong patient!      Stupidity in some departments...take notes, bring a camera..ask questions...THEY ARE NOT PERFECT!!

Offline purplepride

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »
Never had a problem being a patient in the hospital,but,as usual,overworked nursing staff with too many patients to care for. My problem,and others in my family,has been in the ER. Ill leave it at that.
~ 2012 Super Bowl Champions ~
          ~~ Baltimore  Ravens!!~~

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 08:54:13 AM »
Never had a problem being a patient in the hospital,but,as usual,overworked nursing staff with too many patients to care for. My problem,and others in my family,has been in the ER. Ill leave it at that.
...I know what ya talking about..... I know a woman that had a heart attack, sat in a hallway for hours, waiting for service, her sister showed--only because  she called her for help!
I would have dialed 911 and stirred up some ruckus in ER!

Offline BuzzCut

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »
...I know what ya talking about..... I know a woman that had a heart attack, sat in a hallway for hours, waiting for service, her sister showed--only because  she called her for help!

Not true.  Anybody with chest pains or heart conditions are automatically fast tracked in.

Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions--it only guarantees equality of opportunity.

Offline BuzzCut

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 10:29:02 AM »

And the police would be been called and you would be charged with improper use of 911/Emergency services.
Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions--it only guarantees equality of opportunity.

Offline purplepride

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 10:42:33 AM »
In all honesty,when I went to the ER with shortness of breath and pressure in my chest,I was taken right back.

IF someone is having a heart attack and IF they arent being attended to,I would raise a ruckus with a nurse or whomever is at the ER desk in the back. If police get called for that,so be it.
          ~~ Baltimore  Ravens!!~~

Offline BuzzCut

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
In all honesty,when I went to the ER with shortness of breath and pressure in my chest,I was taken right back.

IF someone is having a heart attack and IF they arent being attended to,I would raise a ruckus with a nurse or whomever is at the ER desk in the back. If police get called for that,so be it.

That's my point.  If you have chest pains, shortness of breath, or a history of heart problems you're taken right back.

I've watched Gary Logan make up stuff on here all the time. 
Nobody sat in the E.R. in Cumberland having a heart attack and was refused to be taken back.  Logan is full of crap, as usual.

Offline DeeBee

• Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 11:48:09 AM »
Some never allow the truth to interfere with a good story. 
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »

Not true.  Anybody with chest pains or heart conditions are automatically fast tracked in.

....I know for a fact...the woman was stopped by a night watchman, placed on a gurney,
in the hall, and the night watchman nor the nurse , nor anyone came to the rescue, I asked her if she was going to make a stink about it...she said her sister raised the roof, but made no dent !
Some never allow the truth to interfere with a good story. 
...see those who don't know....will never know...The Lady is still alive, lives in West Va., her sister
          and then rest of us was just talking about the fine services..lest Saturday at her
 place of business in Ridgley...............not a made up story!                Have another one>>  boy comes to ER with Dad...boy has bloody face, open wound.        Employee on phone in ER, the Dad is frustrated with the problem....wants help!         Ask the employee on phone for assistance...his reply>>" Not now, I'm on lunch break!"..........The Dad, jerks phone from employee, tells him/her to get him assistance or phone will be shoved  where the sun doesn't shine!         These are not recent  incidents!!

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 02:24:07 PM »

That's my point.  If you have chest pains, shortness of breath, or a history of heart problems you're taken right back.

I've watched Gary Logan make up stuff on here all the time. 
Nobody sat in the E.R. in Cumberland having a heart attack and was refused to be taken back.  Logan is full of crap, as usual.

please note...didn't say the victim was in the ER, near the ER in a hallway, because she could not make it to ER..

Offline purplepride

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 11:51:36 PM »
She was in A hall somewhere,in the hospital?
          ~~ Baltimore  Ravens!!~~