Author Topic: Local Physician in Trouble Again  (Read 6814 times)

Offline hammerdog

• Don't feed the trolls!
    • View Profile
Local Physician in Trouble Again
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:41:59 PM »
The legal troubles of local physician Robert Cendo, continue.  From the facebook page of the Cumberland City Police Department:

On May 29, 2013, members of the C3I Narcotics Task Force arrested 58 year old Robert Damean Cendo, Cumberland, after a warrant charging him with 2 counts of Solicitation for Prostitution and 1 count of Perverted Practice had been issued.

The charges stem from a 2 month investigation into allegations that Cendo, a local physician, had been writing prescriptions for narcotic pain killers to a confidential informant in exchange for sexual favors.

In addition to the arrest, Investigators also executed two search warrants, one at Cendo’s current residence, and one at his office. A small amount of cocaine and marijuana, as well as several prescription bottles of narcotic medication prescribed to several different individuals, was recovered during the search of the residence. Computers and documents were seized from the residence, and computers, documents, and prescription pads were seized from the office. Several vehicles utilized during the commission of the crimes were also seized.

The C3I Narcotics Task Force was assisted by the Maryland State Police, the United States Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), and C3I.

Cendo was taken before a District Court Commissioner for an initial appearance, and is currently free on $10,000.00 bond pending his next court appearance.

The investigation is continuing and additional charges are pending.
I'm not artistic. I can't even draw a blank.

Offline Coriolanus

• View Profile
Re: Local Physician in Trouble Again
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:52:44 PM »
How had he managed to maintain a license? Does he have any patients?

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Feed my eyes or sew them shut!
    • View Profile
    • Crap I like to do.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 06:08:09 PM »
I hope C3I keeps an eye on the girl.  I've known Dr. Cendo outside of the medical field and I believe he has enough anger to kill someone.

Offline Quest

• I love Western Maryland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:53 PM »

I am feeling sorry for his family.

There has to be a lot of hurt in that household

Offline Backwoodsnonsense

• Harsh Reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 02:00:47 AM »
I felt sorry for his family when he beat his child with a bat and threatened his wife with a gun...she took him back. I refuse to waste my time worrying about someone who has no desire to flee a situation like that. I mean, it's bad enough she went back, but to take your child back into that situation is beyond ludicrous...

Offline Lecta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »

of course he has patients.... I know for a fact that you can walk in his office pay a fee and get a pain med script of your choice no questions asked.. I know too many people that did that on a regular basis.. although if u tell another doc that he is treating you or has treated you recently most other docs wont see you if your in our area..

Offline Broktun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »

He got his license back, but surrendered it 5/30/13.  He did this so he does not have to comply with any previous board sanctions against him.

https://www.mbp.state.md.us/bpqapp/Orders/D3797005.303.PDF

Offline Coriolanus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »

He got his license back, but surrendered it 5/30/13.  He did this so he does not have to comply with any previous board sanctions against him.

That was interesting -- HOw is planning to live? Go on disability and Food Stamps? Get a job digging ditches and repairing the roads or picking up garbage? His wife should leave him immediately but she probably has not way to support herself.

Offline Lecta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 01:48:37 PM »

That was interesting -- HOw is planning to live? Go on disability and Food Stamps? Get a job digging ditches and repairing the roads or picking up garbage? His wife should leave him immediately but she probably has not way to support herself.

I have no doubt he has got enough money to live a nice lifestyle for a long long time.I'm not talking fabulous parties and expensive cars but an everyday lifestyle Although he may have some pretty angry drug addicts after him!

Offline hammerdog

• Don't feed the trolls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »

It is my understanding that the Doctor is quite well off.

Offline purplepride

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 11:32:14 PM »
Im sure he will survive,probably doing the same things he got caught doing under the table drugs etc.

Why did this man still have a practice that was active AND I assume the WMHS has him on staff? good god,what is wrong with this scenario? ive heard many horror stories of screwed up surgeries by this man and yet there he is. One thing I dont get: the judge has to know his history and financial means,yet,sets the bail low enough that he can get out. Hes a huge danger to alot of people...hes gonna really hurt someone before hes finally stopped.
~ 2012 Super Bowl Champions ~
          ~~ Baltimore  Ravens!!~~

Offline hammerdog

• Don't feed the trolls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 12:15:02 AM »
Dr. Cendo lost his hospital privileges after one of his scrapes with the law.

Offline Lecta

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »
Im sure he will survive,probably doing the same things he got caught doing under the table drugs etc.

Why did this man still have a practice that was active AND I assume the WMHS has him on staff? good god,what is wrong with this scenario? ive heard many horror stories of screwed up surgeries by this man and yet there he is. One thing I dont get: the judge has to know his history and financial means,yet,sets the bail low enough that he can get out. Hes a huge danger to alot of people...hes gonna really hurt someone before hes finally stopped.

Hes not in any practice hes surrendered his license to practice in Maryland as of 5/30.. And previous post is correct he did lose privileges to WMHS. He was on a probation and had conditions he had to follow to practice in Maryland but once he surrendered that he does not have to follow the conditions.

Offline Broktun

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 06:43:35 PM »

He has no access to "under the table drugs", unless he has a stash the police didn't find.  Trust me, no pharmacy will fill any of his prescriptions.

Offline Yankee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Hearing chatter about Cendo.Anybody know anything?You know what I am speaking of.All I am asking if it is confirmed?

Offline TimW

• I Love Western Maryland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 06:06:56 PM »
Heard last night that he had "checked himself out".  Sad.
Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!

Offline countyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »
He's still kicking Yankee if that is what you are asking.

Offline Yankee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 06:28:38 PM »
Countryguy,..that is exactly what I am requesting.Are you..."in the know" about this,
 Bud?

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Feed my eyes or sew them shut!
    • View Profile
    • Crap I like to do.
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »
Until they are talking about YOUR treatment. I agree, he is an ass. So am I. Wait till we are all talking about you though...

Offline -jimmy z-

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 07:00:14 PM »
Hearing chatter about Cendo.Anybody know anything?You know what I am speaking of.All I am asking if it is confirmed?

There was a wide spread rumor last night that he died. He did not. He is alive and fine.
Often imitated, never duplicated.