Author Topic: Golden Coral coming to LaVale?  (Read 11255 times)

Offline boweble

• View Profile
Golden Coral coming to LaVale?
« on: June 22, 2012, 09:46:56 PM »
I heard that maybe a Golden Coral may be coming to La Vale where the Western Steer used to be across from g&g tire. Anyone else heard anything?...Thanks!

Offline Lecta

• View Profile
Re: Golden Coral coming to LaVale?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 01:00:01 AM »
Someone tried to tell me that Golden Coral was going into the new Arby's... I am one of those that will believe it when I see the name on the building.. Someone also tried to tell me that Sonic is going into the empty Lot where Athey's garage was in LaVale...

Offline Albert Keener

• Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 02:40:56 AM »
Something on a related topic I noticed, I often look at satellite maps, and noticed that Texas Grillhouse has a drive through facility that I think is unused.  I remember when it was a Kenny Rogers Roasters location, I think it was built as one but not sure if there was any other restaurant operating there before it became what it is now.

Kenny Rogers Roasters was started in 1991, peaked at 350 locations, and declared bankruptcy in 1998.  Most of its locations are now in Asia, but there is one in California.
“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.” ―Ronald Reagan

Offline Car Doc

• Watching the mess from the right bank of Potomac
    • View Profile
    • Cumberland Water Cooler
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
I wish they would the 2 "steakhouses" are pretty pathetic. Pondegrossa I won't even go there any longer After a friend worked there a short time and told me about the kitchen. Golden Corral is great go there every chance I get when out of town.

doc
Give obama the respect he deserves call him The douche bag playing POTUS elected by goofs.

Offline Nobetterplace

• I Love Western Maryland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »
If by some chance this is true. The two steak houses we have would be closed in less then 6 months!!!

Offline route46

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 10:57:06 PM »
Car Doc, if you want a good steak go to sand spring in frostburg. it's worth the drive up the hill

Offline MowerMan47

• Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »
Golden coral in Newport News VA once sent a co worker to the hospital. Its not so much the brand but the people that run it.
I was always a solid C student. Right there in the meat of the curve. Not showing off, not falling behind.

Offline illuminati

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
Just what we need!  Another AYCE Buffet.

I would rather see something like Cracker Barrel.
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Offline Car Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
Car Doc, if you want a good steak go to sand spring in frostburg. it's worth the drive up the hill

Have eaten there it is good. With Golden Corral it is the variety of food a group can go and everyone will find something they will enjoy. I tried a new one this weekend while doing my monthly out of town shopping. Cheddars in Morgantown is awesome.

doc
Give obama the respect he deserves call him The douche bag playing POTUS elected by goofs.

Offline cumberland native

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »
I love a good restaurant just the same as anyone, but does anyone have the same concern as I do when it comes to a huge buffett like Golden Corral? .... It sort of bothers me that all that food sits there just waiting for unwanted things to fly through the air and land on it?  Trying to be delicate, but you know what I mean. 

Offline avatar

• I Love Western Maryland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
I know that some of you never want anyone to mention either spelling or grammar. In this case spelling does make a difference. Golden Coral is a chain of Chinese buffet restaurants. Golden Corral is a chain of American buffet restaurants. I assume we are talking about the more nationally known Golden Corral restaurant?

Offline EastSideLady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »
Would love to see a Golden Coral or something on that order. Maybe even and Outback...we could only wish.
"Liberals seem to assume that, if you don't believe in their particular political solutions, then you don't really care about the people that they claim they want to help." -- Thomas Sowell

Offline barndawg76

• Proud to be a heavy hearted Bucs fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »
There's a nice spot open at the old Staples Location! LOL!
I never finish what i star.....................

Offline PretyLadi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 03:11:14 PM »
Hummm..Know what happens when you assume??
I really don't think this site calls for the correct spelling nor are we in a spelling bee, we are just trying to get information out there to those that are interested .. I haven't heard the rumor but would love to see them come to this area....Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:15:27 PM by PretyLadi »

Offline DR. PEPPER

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
Keep dreaming! This is the last place a new restaurant is going to come. You are the same people that for the last ten years keep thinking Home Depot is still coming!

Offline John Michael Davis

• The yellow roses
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
Keep dreaming! This is the last place a new restaurant is going to come. You are the same people that for the last ten years keep thinking Home Depot is still coming!

Don't forget about Target and Walgreens. The only true thing that was going to come was some now bankrupt restaurant chain
I love the nightlife.

Offline countyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »
He's baaaaaacccccckkkk!!!!!! :o

Offline Car Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
How about the Holiday Inn Express in Lavale?

doc

Offline John Michael Davis

• The yellow roses
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »
How about the Holiday Inn Express in Lavale?

doc

Heard that one and all those who lived in the trailer set fired to the trailers like 10 times in a 10 month period where the Holiday Inn Express was supposed to be.
I love the nightlife.

Offline R-Foreman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 09:31:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Holiday Inn Express won't be around. They bought the land but had some kind of zoning issue and people not wanting a hotel in that particular location. As for the trailers 3 of them "mysteriously" caught fire after the notice went out, 2 completely burned and the third was put out right after it started. Most of the residence bought their respective trailers and moved them else where, but there are still some there.

As for a Golden Corral coming to LaVale, I think it would be nice but I don't see it happening.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.